Tuesday, July 25, 2006

cl_freedays 999999

It's already week 2 coming to week 3 and I can't believe it.

I only just confirmed my results for last semester yesterday, and my assignments are still not back yet. Also, I haven't received any of my unit materials. But yeah, term's started and it's going to be week 3 very soon.

Sigh. This semester break seems to have flew past. Maybe it's because of all the time I've spent working on Jewel Paws and sgWar, that I feel that I simply haven't rested enough.

I need another semester break already!!!

Anyway, I've been spending the past few days rather quietly, avoiding as many types of stimulus at once. Perhaps I feel the need to "prepare" myself, to gear down into a study-friendly state of mind.

I still wish I didn't have to :s

Sometimes on days like this, I regret pretending to be brainy and running off to university, deliberately squandering my father's savings on tuition fees, when instead, I could have pretended to be some simpleton happy to marry any rich guy that came along, in order to move up in the natural order of life as a tai-tai.

Hmmm, after reading that last sentence I just suddenly feel so tickled. ROFL.

Anyway, yeah, I deliberately get my dad to pay my fees. This is because of 2 reasons.

1. My mum left me her CPF funds but my dad took the entire -6 digit figure- and poured it into the house loan to pay it off. So in a way, although I stay in this house too, he owes me that amount, because the house is not under my name.

2. My father's gf is a very ill-mannered character, with questionable intentions. This is, already, a very mild description, and I would prefer not to leave my father with so much money that it should fall into her hands, especially when you consider that 1. is already a good reason enough.

Sigh, yes of course I have a conscience, which is why I often feel the pressure to work, even though I am sure, a person with a lesser conscience would feel completely at ease living off her father.

Now with Jewel Paws slowly taking baby steps, perhaps I'd stop feeling like I owe him everything (because it's not true, most of it was my mother's hard work and efforts).

...

Hmmm the arrival of my niece in my life has also made me realised I'm not getting any younger at 24. Just seeing her cute smile, even on youtube, can make my day :)

Peek-a-boo Taryn!

Last week's lunch.

She makes me think that perhaps it would be possible for me to settle down soon too. But yeah, here comes the "job pressure" again lol. This is Singapore for you, I guess.

Everything is money money money, house house house :)

Right, I think I need some CS to clear my mind.


- 26 July 2006 12:52am -

No comments: